Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Beginning

I've decided that too many funny things happen each day not to write them down. I have the best job in the world- raising my family- and I am luck to have it. The days feel like they go by in a matter of minutes. They are busy from the moment I wake up until the kids are asleep. I remember 6 years ago having a baby and a toddler and thinking to myself that life was so busy and that I just needed to stick it out until the kids were in school and I had time for myself again. Well, life is 100% busier now than it was then.

Tyler is out of town this week, as he often is lately. I have had to work hard to try and keep up a normal schedule while he is gone. I am getting better at planning and preparing normal dinners while he is traveling. Tonight we had whole-wheat pancakes, turkey sausage and fruit salad. A healthy but fun dinner for the kids and me. I washed 4 loads of laundry and cleaned the house several times. I volunteered in Josh's classroom and bought a bed for Jackson's room at the new house. It took me 40 minutes to get all the kids to bed, but they are all still awake and continue to call me every so often to tell me various things that have nothing to do with going to sleep. I think I will head downstairs to do some more laundry and clean the kitchen again.

Life is great. We are homeless and in the midst of a short-term turned long-term transition, but every day my kids are growing up right before my eyes. It is so amazing to watch them turn from little babies into such big, independent people. I have been at this for 9 years now, but it feels more like 9 minutes. I have to be careful to never stop paying attention or I will miss so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment